Reasons to choose Wilson Browne
Prenups, shortened for Prenuptial Agreements may not seem terribly romantic…but overlooking them can have consequences.
Before you “tie the knot”
Before getting married or entering into a civil partnership you may want to talk to one of our Family Law solicitors to clearly set out arrangements, dealing with financial matters such as property ownership and financial contributions (Prenuptial Agreements).
It is advisable for those arrangements to be reviewed in the course of your marriage or civil partnership (Postnuptial Agreements) to see whether they should be updated as circumstances change. If your relationship breaks down these Prenuptial Agreements and Postnuptial Agreements are not automatically binding, but where a Court considers them to be fair, they may be the basis of any financial settlement within divorce proceedings.
These agreements are not just for the rich and famous! Examples of when it would be sensible to consider one, include if you are business owner; looking to protect a business for future generations, a beneficiary of a trust or somebody entering into a second marriage, having already acquired assets.
Controlling the cost
People often worry that using a solicitor means uncertainty about cost. Not with the Family Law team at Wilson Browne. We promise to inform you before we begin and to keep you informed throughout.
When you instruct a member of our Family Law team, you will always be kept informed of costs in a clear and easily understandable way: it is as simple and as important as that. You will:
- be given an estimate of fees in advance
- we will not begin any work until you are happy with our estimated costs
- we will be clear on our charges, including VAT
- we will be transparent on any fees that any third parties may need to charge you in relation to the matter.
- if you ask us to carry out additional work, we will tell you what this may cost. We are delighted that our Family Law team has been recognised by the Legal 500, a Who’s Who of the legal profession.
Our Family Law solicitors offer expert advice from our convenient offices in Northampton, Kettering and Corby, Higham Ferrers, Wellingborough and Leicester….in fact we cover most of Northamptonshire, Leicestershire and sometimes beyond.