Contact one of our advisors now Call 0800 088 6004

Our Specialists In Care Home Fees

Reasons to choose Wilson Browne

  • Free home visits
  • Local Authority funding advice
  • Transparent costs
  • Free Initial Consultation*

The rules and regulations relating to care home fees can be confusing and you could find yourself dealing with many different organisations.

At Wilson Browne, our specialist team of solicitors can advise on all aspects of care home fee funding.

Because we understand the needs of our clients we even offer free home visits, subject to agreement, so we can visit you wherever it’s most convenient.

If you or a loved one are in a care home the fees will either be paid by:

You, The Local Authority, The Clinical Commissioning Group (formerly the Primary Care Trust), a third party or a combination of any of the above.

We can help if you think you need to challenge a decision of the Clinical Commissioning Group to provide on going support which may be in one of the following circumstances:

  • The person has been denied NHS Continuing Healthcare funding from the outset
  • The person was receiving NHS Continuing Healthcare funding and has now been assessed as no longer eligible
  • The person has died and you believe that they should have been entitled to Continuing Healthcare funding (in this situation you can make a claim on behalf of the deceased person’s estate) or
  • The person never received an NHS Continuing healthcare assessment

We can also advise on NHS-funded nursing care which is a payment made by the Clinical Commissioning Group directly to the care home if you or your loved one require the services of a Registered Nurse.

If you or your loved one are not funded by the Clinical Commissioning Group but are in a care home you will be asked to complete a Financial Service User Assessment form by the local authority.

We can advise on all aspects of local authority funding and challenge their decisions in relation to how they have valued and are treating your money and property. This includes situations arising because the Local Authority have deemed that you or your loved one have deliberately deprived yourself of assets.

If you have been asked to ‘top-up’ a loved one’s care home fees our team can advise on the third-party agreement and advise on the benefits and entitlements they should be receiving.

Call us today – you’ll be drawing on the experience and expertise of one of the most established teams in the area which offers the convenience of meeting you at a convenient location across Northamptonshire and Leicestershire including Northampton, Kettering, Corby, Higham Ferrers, Wellingborough, and Leicester.

Call for a free initial discussion.