Jess is an Associate and Solicitor in our Family Law Team who advises clients on all areas of family law including injunction orders (non-molestation and occupation orders), pre and post nuptial agreements, divorce, separation of finances, cohabitation disputes and children matters.
Jess has been recognised on both the national and regional stage, with the following short listings and awards:
- Highly Commended, and National Runner Up, Young Family Lawyer of the Year 2022 at the LexisNexis Family Law Awards
- Shortlisted for ‘Rising Star of the Year 2023’ at the National Modern Law Awards
- Shortlisted for Young Solicitor of the Year 2022 at the Northamptonshire Law Society Awards
- Awarded Wilson Browne’s ‘Lawyer of the Year 2022’ at the Staff Awards Ceremony
Jess graduated from Lancaster University with her Law degree, and completed her Legal Practice Course and Masters of Law at the University of Law, gaining a Distinction. Jess was a Trainee Solicitor at Wilson Browne Solicitors, spending time in the Residential Conveyancing, Commercial Property and Clinical Negligence Teams, before deciding to specialise in Family Law.
Examples of Jess’ most recent work include:
- Financial settlement with assets totalling in excess of £5 million
- Pre and post nuptial agreement with assets totalling in excess of £3 million
- Securing a three week holiday abroad for a father and his children during Court proceedings who was previously having supervised contact at a contact centre once a month
- Securing a regular pattern of care for a grandmother and her grandson who were previously having no contact
- Advising on financial proceedings which included a dispute as to property ownership in Uganda
Jess is often praised by clients for being extremely empathetic and supportive during difficult times, and is a very approachable member of the Family Law Team.
During her spare time, Jess can be found creating content for LinkedIn as she attempts to educate the wider public on potential Family Law pitfalls and ‘myths’, supporting Northampton Saints or dancing. She is also a keen reader, theatre-goer and Lego builder.
Awards and Accreditations
- Family & Matrimonial Law
- Arrangements for Children – Child Custody Solicitors
- Cohabitation and Property
- Creating Modern Families – Surrogacy
- Divorce and Dividing Assets
- Domestic Abuse and Injunctions
- Wealth Protection and Prenups
- Family Law Mediation (Divorce Mediation) – Including Property, Children and Assets
- TOLATA – The Court’s Power To Resolve Ownership Disputes re Property or Land
Many thanks for your time, it was very reassuring that you totally understand my situation and talked me through all the options and clearly explained all the pros and cons that went with them.
From the first meeting with Jess, my mind was put at rest on the difficult situation I was in with my divorce. I was kept up to date at all times and would thoroughly recommend Wilson Browne and in particular Jess.
Thank you to you for all your help in finalising my divorce you have been very professional and supportive. As I'm sure you can appreciate it's been a very stressful time and I'm relieved it is finally over.
I would like to take this opportunity to tell you that Ed, Jess and the family team have so far given me the best experience. I feel like you take the time to listen and I genuinely feel like you are on my side at such a stressful time. Thank you.
I would just like to thank you and your team for all of you help, advice and support during my divorce, you have made it a much easier process for me and have been patient and understanding. Once again thank you so much.
Thank you so much for your help with this matter, you’ve been absolutely amazing, and couldn’t recommend you more.
As soon as I met you in the initial meeting I felt a huge sense of relief that you seemed so nice and that I had someone in my corner to help me.