Reasons to choose Wilson Browne
If you are looking for an Employment Solicitor in Market Harborough, Uppingham, Oakham, Melton Mowbray, Stamford, Peterborough, Huntingdon or Thrapston to advise on the terms of a Settlement Agreement, we can provide you with the expert assistance you are looking for.
Why use us?
1. We give transparent and jargon-free advice;
2. We have a practical, friendly and down to earth approach and always put your needs at the forefront;
3. Specialist employment law solicitors will handle the matter from start to finish.
Don’t just take our word for it…
Your service was excellent and I would highly recommend you to friends and family. Many thanks for your patience.
Mrs G, Coventry
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you and your team for all the help and guidance during this difficult process which lasted 4 weeks and took 6 proposals to finalise. Your professionalism, skill and speed made it a pleasure for me to deal with Wilson Browne and I would certainly not hesitate to recommend your firm in future.
If I need a solicitor in the future Wilson Browne will be my first port of call , thank you for your time and attention in this settlement.
You can find out more from ACAS, which provides useful guidance, or you can refer to their Guide.
- A review of the documentation ahead of the call and calculating entitlements etc.
- A detailed advice call when we go through:
- the background to how the agreement came about so we can advise on any claims you may have – from this you (and we) can then make a proper assessment of the sum on offer and whether it’s a good deal
- the alternatives – together with the pros and cons of those alternatives
- what the settlement agreement means and any changes we recommend
- A detailed advice letter confirming the key areas of advice given during the call and which clearly sets out the changes. This is designed to enable the client to have sufficient information to negotiate if they wish to do so themselves.
From our Kettering, Corby and Leicester locations we can easily meet clients somewhere convenient. Regardless of what industry you work in, it’s inevitable that where there are employers and employees relationships will sometime break down.
A settlement agreement (formerly known as a compromise agreement) is a legally binding agreement between an employer and an employee. Commonly, under the terms of the agreement the employee agrees not to pursue a potential claim against their employer or former employer, in return for financial compensation. However, a settlement agreement will not be legally binding unless the employee obtains independent legal advice prior to signing.
At Wilson Browne Solicitors our expert employment team regularly advises individuals on the terms of their settlement agreements, ensuring that the Agreement is binding and that they get the best possible deal. We try to make the process as easy as possible for you and we can provide the advice either over the telephone or at one of our offices in Northampton, Kettering, Corby, Higham Ferrers, Wellingborough and Leicester.
Our team also understands that, when a settlement agreement has been offered, the relationship between the employer and employee has often broken down or become strained. If that is the case, we will assist by liaising directly with your employer on your behalf, minimising the contact you have with them. Where necessary, we can also conduct negotiations on your behalf to help achieve the best possible settlement for you.
In terms of costs, in the majority of cases the employer will provide a provision for legal costs as part of the settlement agreement we shall work to that provision, wherever possible.
Please view our guide on settlement agreements for further information.