Reasons to choose Wilson Browne
We have recently grown our trainee intake, and now recruit 4 trainee solicitors each year to undertake our valued two-year programme.
We have a reputation as a friendly, down-to-earth and excellent firm, achieving a number of awards to include Northamptonshire Law Society Large Law Firm of the Year multiple times; our training contract programme is no exception to our high standards. Here at Wilson Browne we are focussed on recruiting and retaining the very best candidates that can develop as future legal professionals of the firm.
Over the two-year period you will rotate across four different seats, both contentious and non-contentious (as is required by the SRA). There are no compulsory seats and, whilst we place trainees in seats according to business needs, wherever possible training will reflect your interests.
You’ll be given responsibility at an early stage with the chance to progress in a challenging and rewarding environment. We believe the best way to learn and develop is through practice; you’ll receive regular feedback and guidance throughout.
We currently offer training contracts across our Northamptonshire and Leicester offices and applicants should be prepared to work at any one of these locations. If you would like to apply, please send your CV together with a covering letter, no longer than one side of A4, to email@example.com
Whether you’re an experienced Solicitor, FILEX , CLC, career paralegal with a wealth of experience or a 2-5 year or similar PQE, Wilson Browne Solicitors can help you take your career to the next level.We have an almost unique niche in our market with a strong regional base, 6 offices, great clients, a heritage that goes back over 100 years and a reputation that others envy. Our clients refer to us as:
“a well-established firm; a name you can trust; a firm with a great reputation that covers most areas of law.”
It’s no coincidence that we have a varied and exciting range of work whether Private Client or Commercial but it’s also surprising how much of our work makes the headlines – from advising a wealthy local businessman on Wills & Trusts, to managing his estate and the subsequent bequest of 2 rare Ferraris worth nearly £8.8 million.
Our Medical Negligence Team is often in the news having settled some high profile cases including the Jack Adcock story and a case against a local hospital for £7.1 million.
Our Commercial Team is equally in the headlines, working with entrepreneurs, SMEs, mid-market corporates turning over £100+ million, and subsidiaries of multi-national organisations. Our corporate clients like us because of who and what we are – a law firm with a genuinely client focused, Partner led approach.
Uniquely, we can offer many of our higher net worth clients a seamless delivery that caters for their own personal wealth and advisory needs and their commercial law needs.
We are ambitious.
We know who we are and what we are. We know our core market and where our strengths lie. As a result we have invested heavily in the firm’s future in a number of ways whether that be attracting heavyweight professionals who traditionally may have gone to larger firms; fresh, young talent; learning and development for future talent; infrastructure; and, other professionals who contribute to the success of the business.
We invest in our people and give them the opportunity to grow and flourish.
If proof were needed, a number of our Partners trained with the firm and chose to remain with Wilson Browne. 18 members of staff are currently working towards legal qualifications, funded by us (as of December 2015).
For those all important early “PQE” roles we can offer fantastic opportunities where you’ll be an integral part of the firm, having a say in budgets, recruitment, business development, input to marketing and the overall strategy for developing your chosen market. Best of all, there’ll be no long commute, good benefits and a proper work/life balance – the emphasis in “work/life balance” should be “balance” not just “work”!
It may surprise you to know just how many accreditations and awards we have…
- Lexcel Accreditation CQS Membership of AvMA
- The Law Society Clinical Negligence Panel Association of Personal Injury Lawyers Society of Clinical Negligence Lawyers
- Renewal of the contract by the Legal Aid Agency for Clinical Negligence Wills and Inheritance Quality Scheme
- Members of Solicitors For the Elderly
- Members of STEP PNLA (Professional Negligence Lawyers Association)
- Children Law Accreditation Scheme
- Members of ‘Resolution’
- Commercial Real Estate Legal Association (CRELA)
- Northampton Law Society Large Law Firm Of The Year
As well as a competitive package, we can offer:
- Option to join a pension scheme where we will match up to 4% contribution.
- BUPA (certain positions only) with the ability to add spouse and/or dependants.
- Permanent Health Insurance, also known as Group Income Protection, (certain positions only) which pays a percentage of salary after 6 months sickness absence.
- Childcare vouchers
- Health Screening
- Discounted Health Club and Gym Memberships
- Competitive holiday entitlement that rises with length of service: 24 days holiday for more senior positions, rising to 25 after 3 yrs service and 26 after 5 yrs.
- Death in Service benefit (after qualifying period) paying 3 x salary.
If the idea of working for a firm that personifies “punching above one’s weight” appeals to you then we’d like to hear from you.