Reasons to choose Wilson Browne
Think of a legal practice and the first thing that comes to mind is ‘lawyers’ or ‘Solicitors’…but there’s a multitude of other opportunities within any large legal practice.
The lawyers are at the very heart of any law firm, but you may be surprised to know that there’s a vast range of roles that make that heart beat.
Wilson Browne Solicitors has a strong reputation based on delivering great advice to businesses and private clients, dating back nearly 200 years. We are proud to have been named Northamptonshire Law Society’s Large Law Firm Of The Year for 2015/2016 and 2017/2018, 2019 and 2021 – pretty impressive !
Many of our lawyers are recognised in the Legal 500 (a who’s who of the legal profession) and we pride ourselves in delivering cost-effective and practical advice to our clients.
Private Client Legal Secretary - Northampton
A full-time legal secretary is required to support the Private Client team at Northampton. The work will mainly involve secretarial support for a busy and dynamic fee-earner who deals with making Wills, lasting powers of attorney, administering estate and charities and supporting the wider private client in Northampton. The role will include; dealing with enquiries from clients; filing; handling and preparing Wills and Probate documents; preparing minutes from charity meetings; sending out and circulating charity documents.
Although previous experience in these areas of work would be desirable, other suitable candidates will be considered as full training will be given.
However, an abundance of common sense and empathy for elderly, vulnerable and bereaved clients is essential!
To apply for any of our vacancies, apply in writing enclosing your CV to email@example.com
Wilson Browne Solicitors
4 Grange Park Court
Large law firm of the year – we won the Northamptonshire Law Society Large Law Firm Of The Year Award in both 2015/16 and 2017/18 and now Law Firm Of The Year 2019.
Many of our teams are recognised by the Legal 500, a Who’s Who of the legal profession.
We are highly ranked in the following areas, and will be aiming for even more:
- Real estate – Social housing
- Real estate – Commercial property
- Clinical Negligence – Claimant
- Private client – Family
- Private client – Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Corporate & Commercial – Corporate & Commercial
We’ll help you shape your future.
We have a strong track record and proud history in developing people. Wilson Browne Solicitors is committed to recruiting high-quality candidates who will prove to be a long-term asset to the firm. If proof was needed,
- We can count 8 current or former partners who trained with us
- We have 4 Legal Execs/CLCs who qualified with us
- 18 members of staff currently working towards legal qualifications, funded by us. (as of December 2015)
- Over the past 12 months, the firm has promoted 4 solicitors into Junior Partner positions, 6 Legal Secretaries into Paralegals, 2 Office Assistants into Legal Secretaries and a Legal Cashier into a Senior Accounts Assistant.
Depending on role and level, we can offer a comprehensive benefits package, which can include:
- Option to join a pension scheme where we will match up to 4% contribution.
- BUPA (certain positions only) with the ability to add spouse and/or dependants.
- Permanent Health Insurance, also known as Group Income Protection, (certain positions only) which pays a percentage of salary after 6 months sickness absence.
- Childcare vouchers
- Health Screening
- Regular Long Service Awards’
- Discounted Health Club and Gym Memberships
- Competitive holiday entitlement that rises with length of service.
- Death in Service benefit (after qualifying period) paying 3 x salary.
- Paid Volunteer Leave
Even if you don’t currently see an opportunity that interests you we’re always delighted to hear from enthusiastic, talented people looking for their next move, whether legal professionals or those looking for non legal opportunities.