Reasons to choose Wilson Browne
Thanks for visiting our careers pages.
We can’t respond to every approach but if your email is in relation to an advertised (or speculative) role, it will be forwarded to the relevant team for consideration: we’ll be in touch if we’d like to move things forward but if you don’t hear from us within 14 days then sorry…but it looks like we’re not a match made in heaven (or we haven’t got what you’re looking for).
To apply for any of our vacancies, simply send your CV to email@example.com
Digital Marketing Executive - Based in Kettering.
This is an excellent role for someone looking to further their career in digital marketing at an award-winning law firm that has a strong online and offline presence, and has won numerous awards for its work.
The Digital Marketing Executive (DME) will provide dedicated and specialist digital/online support to the BD & Marketing Director (BDMD) and the Marketing Team. This will also involve close liaison with our chosen (external) SEO and PPC partners, and any other relevant third parties.
You will need to be technically competent, articulate, and capable of understanding the firm’s diverse offerings to B2C and B2B markets, and the equally diverse client base. Working with our lawyers where needed, with support from the BDMD, you’ll also need to liaise with other external 3rd parties such as various local publications to ensure that our online and offline advertising is cohesive (e.g. regularly refresh digital advertising and artwork to remain current).
You will take a ‘deep dive’ into SEO, PPC, social media and general web maintenance (we do not expect ‘coding’ experience as we have an external web developer) but we do anticipate you will be familiar with WordPress and look at both technical improvements and general web maintenance, such as content pruning.
Our need as a business is to drive conversions. We have a strong web presence, decent SEO results (organics), and a small number of our lawyers have strong LinkedIn profiles – the area of focus is driving conversions via the website; driving conversions via Facebook and Instagram; and, identifying additional platforms that are both appropriate to our business, and can deliver results.
Further to the above, you will:
• Manage brand/team campaigns across various channels including email, social media, website, paid advertising, and (potentially) influencer activity.
• Lead in the implementation and uploads of regularly planned digital content, such as ‘blog’ posts, social media posts, podcasts, and web pages.
• Build, implement and report on email campaigns. This will include becoming the in-house expert on our CRM and how we extract and utilise the data within it.
You will be expected to take ownership of this role and shape it, helping take the firm to the next level of its digital understanding and presence.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Ensure our website continues to be fully optimised for search engines.
• Monitor, report and analyse results to improve site performance using tools such as Google Analytics/GA4.
• Liaise with our SEO partner to continually improve organic search results and ensure we are getting value from them by independently assessing performance.
• Carry out competitor research and market research to inform digital strategies.
• Keep up-to-date with current digital marketing trends and suggest new ideas to improve digital marketing strategies.
• Identify new platforms for the firm to use, ensuring they are ‘safe places’ that align with our brand standards and culture.
• Monitor Facebook/Instagram for likes/shares/tags/comments and respond appropriately to drive engagement; and monitor Facebook downloads performing necessary follow-up.
• Help manage the central LinkedIn account and improve engagement.
• Understand analytics for each platform and use them to our advantage. Eg track conversions and monitor return on investment; and, liaise with our PPC provider and ensure CPC, conversions, quality scores and other key metrics are in line with industry norms
• Ensure that digital banners/artwork hosted by 3rd parties is updated regularly
• Assist with general website maintenance and suggest improvements – eg “pruning” where we remove old/obsolete content or update as necessary
Whilst not essential, it would be a bonus (and add variety to the role) if you could:
• Help with basic in-house video production and editing – nothing too complicated, shot on a smartphone, and perhaps edited using Adobe Premier Pro/Rush
• Monitor and manage “Lead Forensics” (you’ll get training) to track visits, identify pages visited and help define how to follow up.
• Suggest and help implement ways to improve the client experience and maximise conversions – e.g. live chat, WhatsApp etc.
Think of a legal practice and the first thing that comes to mind is ‘lawyers’ or ‘Solicitors’…but there’s a multitude of other opportunities within any large legal practice.
The lawyers are at the very heart of any law firm, but you may be surprised to know that there’s a vast range of roles that make that heart beat.
Wilson Browne Solicitors has a strong reputation based on delivering great advice to businesses and private clients, dating back nearly 200 years. We are proud to have been named Northamptonshire Law Society’s Large Law Firm Of The Year for 2015/2016 and 2017/2018, 2019, 2021 and 2022 – pretty impressive !
Many of our lawyers are recognised in the Legal 500 (a who’s who of the legal profession) and we pride ourselves in delivering cost-effective and practical advice to our clients.
Even if you don’t currently see an opportunity that interests you we’re always delighted to hear from enthusiastic, talented people looking for their next move, whether legal professionals or those looking for non legal opportunities.