Reasons to choose Wilson Browne
- Lexcel Accredited
- CQS Accredited
- Help To Buy panel members
- Dedicated new build solicitors
- On all major lender panels
- Free Initial Consultation*
Specialist ‘new build’ and property developer services, serving Northamptonshire and Leicestershire.
One of the largest, most established Conveyancing Teams in the region, dedicated to House Builders and Residential Property Developers.
Your assurance of quality
Our conveyancing team is highly experienced in dealing with new build purchases and the Help To Buy scheme and our panel membership recognises our experience, efficiency and high standards of service.
- Lexcel accredited
- CQS accredited (Accredited under the Law Society’s Conveyancing Quality Scheme)
- Members of the Help To Buy panel…so you know we’ll get things done as quickly and smoothly as possible
- Our specialist team has invested heavily in an integrated system which lets us to process transactions quickly.
- We are on all major mortgage lender panels.
- Dedicated team based at local offices
- A wealth of experience in acting for purchasers of new-build properties
Completion of a new build differs from buying a property in the re-sale market. The weather, suppliers and other factors can all impact on the speed of the build.
In today’s market, where demand outstrips supply there can often be little or no flexibility around this, which is why you need a Solicitor who knows the new build market and has the capacity and experience to help.
As a buyer, you may have to exchange contracts without seeing the actual house you are buying: hence the reason why the show homes are the first to go up.
It’s fairly common to commit to the purchase and exchange contracts before the house or home is even built! You may have seen this when people move into a new property and their postal address is actually a plot number on a building site.
There are subtle differences when buying a ‘new build’:
- Housebuilders usually buy the land and plan the development, and want to get the plots sold ASAP as they continue to build the properties.
- Housebuilders are keen to exchange contracts within 1 month or 28 days once you decide to purchase, so instruct us as soon as the property is reserved: mortgage applications need to be submitted quickly. When the property is completed, the builder gives notice to the buyer that it is ready…..and completion must take place within the time frame specified in the contract (usually 10 working days). This allows time for final inspection by the mortgage lender’s valuer, and for a snagging list (a list of faults or things for rectification) to be prepared by the buyer; for the builder to remedy these items; and for the (mortgage) funds to be released for completion.
Service for property developers and house builders.
We know how important “28 days” are to you and that you rely on solicitors on your panel to make this happen.
We also know that what we do reflects upon you – you want to put your reputation as a builder/developer in safe hands: safe hands that know the industry and has the capability, capacity and experience to get the job done right.
With the Northamptonshire and Leicestershire markets being so buoyant, our team of conveyancing specialists is capable of handling the needs and the volume of the new build market.
- Time is of the essence when you agree a sale and we understand that the quality of what we deliver to your referred clients will reflect on you, which is why our capability and expertise will enhance your own offering. At Wilson Browne Solicitors, our dedicated New Build & Property Developers Team is commercial, practical, and proactive.
- We are happy to pre-check the site documentation issued by your legal team or meet with them to go through the documentation and contract papers before instruction. We can visit your site office or offices, meet with your sales team, offer advice and even training: we also like to be familiar with the site on a first-hand basis.
- We will agree a set of non-plot specific enquiries with your team, avoiding the need for enquiries to be raised in relation to each individual plot. If specific enquiries are requested by the purchaser or their lender we can deal with those on a plot by plot basis.
- We will report to your purchasers on the title with the contract for signing on receipt of the contract and plan from your legal team: this is the point when we generally request the deposit monies from the purchaser(s).
- We will provide you with updates by e-mail or by phone as you require keeping you up to speed on how the transaction is proceeding.
- Fees are on a fixed fee basis with no hidden charges so your purchasers can be sure of what they are paying from the outset: 96% of our clients confirm that the price we quote is the price they paid.