Reasons to choose Wilson Browne
Recently released employment tribunal claim figures show a significant increase in claims.
Whilst not unexpected, the figures have provided a sobering reminder to businesses undertaking any employment/HR related exercise. Just as a glimmer of hope appears on the horizon for many businesses, any claims now are likely to be seen as snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. There are some simple steps businesses can take to avoid this including:
- Whenever dealing with a staffing matter, approach it in a fair and consistent manner.
- All decisions should be properly considered to ensure they can withstand a potential challenge.
- Conduct consultation exercises where appropriate.
- Document all processes, decisions and meetings.
- Allow appeals where appropriate.
There are a number of factsheets and guides available on our website.
We’re also happy to speak with you on an initial no-obligation basis if you have any specific questions about any processes your business is intending to embark on in the coming months.