Reasons to choose Wilson Browne
- Direct Access To Your Legal Team
- Free Initial Consultation
- Transparent Costs
Insolvency Advice For Directors and Owners
The Insolvency specialists at Wilson Browne act for individuals of all kinds: Directors, Entrepreneurs, Sole Practitioners… just about anyone that needs specialist help and advice.
Let’s offer some reassurance, ‘Insolvency’ is not a bad word: it opens the doors for negotiation, compromise, and settlement.
With a knack for seeing all sides of an insolvency situation and an inclination for producing effective and creative solutions, we provide quick, clear and commercial advice to Company Directors, Insolvency Practitioners, Creditors and Debtors alike.
Let us take away the stress!
We can help directors who find themselves in an insolvency situation by advising them of the options available to them with regard to many situations. Some of the more common ways we help clients is:
- Avoiding or reducing personal liability
- Defending claims from Office Holders such as transactions at undervalue, wrongful trading and transactions to the detriment of the crown etc.
- Disqualification proceedings
- Employment law and insolvency
- The issue of winding-up petitions
- Defending winding-up petitions
- The re-use of a Company name
- The purchase of an Insolvent Company’s assets
- Application for Leave to continue to act as a director
- Insolvency act 1986
We can help debtors who find themselves in an insolvency situation by advising them of the options available to them with regard to the following:
- Income Payments
- Applications seeking Orders for Possession and Sale of Assets
- Petitions on failed Individual Voluntary Arrangements
- Dealing with The Official Receiver/Liquidator/Administrator/”TIB” (Trustee In Bankruptcy)
- Annulment (or cancelling) of Bankruptcy Orders
- Individual Voluntary Arrangements (IVA)
- Rescission of / appeals against Bankruptcy Orders
- Applications for Leave to continue acting as a Director
- Bankruptcy Restrictions
- Office Holder Claims: Preferences, Transactions at undervalue, Void Dispositions
We are recognised experts in the funding of cases such as these under Conditional Fee (no win/no fee) Agreements and with delegated authority from Temple Legal Protection Limited they can offer a no cost risk to Insolvency Practitioners on unsuccessful cases.
Kevin Rogers and David Farmer and the team can help with a wide range of fee solutions.
- Fixed Price
- Success (Incentivised) Fee
- Hourly Rate
- Discounted Fee/Risk/Reward Sharing
- Cap and Collar
- Blended Rates
- Retainer Service
- Business Health Check Rates
- ….Blended Options – What Suits You
With offices across Northamptonshire and Leicestershire in Northampton, Kettering, Corby, Higham Ferrers, Wellingborough and Leicester we can meet you at a location convenient to you.
“As Insolvency Practitioners we often require the services of a solicitor to assist us, as office holders, in insolvency proceedings. We have instructed David Farmer on various matters and his advice has always been timely, will considered, useful and appropriate to our requirements.” BRI Business Recovery and Insolvency
“Thanks very much for your support during a difficult time for me. I will certainly call on you whenever in need.”