Reasons to choose Wilson Browne
If multiple or collective redundancies are on the agenda, the Settlement Agreement sign-off process for Employers can be complex and labour intensive, especially if a number of legal firms are involved. For this reason, we are able to offer a service especially geared for Collective Settlement Agreements and/or Trade Unions.
Redundancies are regrettable in any business. As well as ensuring that “all the legal boxes are ticked”, you’ll want to ensure that as far as possible the affected employees feel they have been treated fairly and with dignity.
One of the ways you can help is by making sure they know who to turn to for advice. When it comes to settlement agreements employees can choose any suitable solicitor, but being able to provide the name of someone whilst ensuring total impartiality can help remove some of the stress for them.
Whether you refer to them as collective settlement agreements, bulk settlement agreements, volume settlement agreements, or are simply looking for a law firm capable of offering discounted settlement agreements where multiple people are involved, it matters not. What does matter is that you can help ensure that:
- your employees get proper, independent and impartial advice
- the process is as stress-free as possible for them, and providing the name of a qualified advisor can help achieve this
Benefits to the employer of using Wilson Browne Solicitors?
- Save time spent on administering the settlement agreement process
- Save money in administrative costs
We are happy to discuss discounted rates on a case by case basis, to minimise cost and disruption to your business; and to provide the expert advice your employees would expect.
What does the service include?
When making multiple employees redundant, it’s more cost-effective and time-efficient to use one employment law firm providing expert advice to the individual.
No two employees are the same and as such, each employee will need to be treated on an individual basis. In each case, this will entail:
- A professional and efficient service either on the phone or in-person at a suitable venue
- A review of the employee’s contract terms to establish the necessary calculations
- A discussion with the employee to enable us to comply with the legal requirements and explain what it means for them
- A letter to the employee confirming key points of the discussion – a helpful resource as sometimes there is much to cover at a time when the employee struggles to take everything in
- Arrangements for completion of the agreement
To discuss your requirements and speak to a member of our employment law team specialising in settlement agreements for employers, please call 0800 088 6004.