We are delighted to confirm that Wilson Browne Solicitors were awarded the Northamptonshire Law Society Large Law Firm of the Year Award 2017 at their annual awards.
The judges really valued: the wide range of involvement of partners and staff in the community; our charitable work; links with various training and business initiatives; focus on development; sector growth; existing recognition (Including this year’s national Law Society Excellence Awards shortlisting in two categories) …all accompanied by excellent client comments.
The award is a reflection on everyone in the firm, with the submission featuring some great examples of their work and client care, with some specific reference to:
- Jenny Woodruff (for the Law Society Excellence nomination)
- all those featured in the Legal 500 (more of which later)
- Louise Tyler for her activity with the Law Society, the Civil Justice Policy Advisor and AvMA
- Andrew Kerr’s work on a voluntary basis with Innovate Multi Academy Trust
- selected quotes from clients for Tom Warrender, John Gordon, Neelam Maher, Lauren Quinn, Sally Robinson, Louise Tyler, Nina Wilson and Kevin Rogers
The judges noted our contribution to the local legal community – not only was it an honour for Kevin Rogers to present this year’s Solicitor of the Year Award (which is named ‘The Fiona Moore Award’ in honour a former Partner of the firm); but also Ika Částka is also current President of the Law Society (the judging panel, it should be said, is entirely separate from her role!)
Jamie Christie should be commended and congratulated for achieving “Finalist, Young Lawyer of the Year” – a fantastic result in a fiercely contested category.
This award is for everyone involved with Wilson Browne, past and present, and we are all proud of the achievement.