Reasons to choose Wilson Browne
On 6 August 2020, the government published its long awaited White Paper, Planning for the Future.
The government wants to fundamentally reform the planning system to “address its underlying weaknesses and create a system fit for the 21st century”.
- Streamlining the planning system with more democracy taking place at the plan-making stage.
- Digitising planning by moving from “a process based on documents to a process driven by data”.
- Bringing a new focus on design and sustainability.
- Improving infrastructure delivery and reforming developer contributions.
- Ensuring more land is available for houses and the type of development that communities need.
- Supporting the renewal of town and city centres.
The government is seeking views on specific proposals and the wider package of reforms.
The consultation period ends on 29 October 2020.