Reasons to choose Wilson Browne
A list of useful links to get up to date advice on Coronavirus issues.
2 Nov 2020 – New National Restrictions from 5 November
Information on the new national restrictions, including what they mean for working from home and business closures, why they are being introduced and the financial support available.
1. Staying at home – This means you must not leave or be outside of your home except for specific purposes.
3. Meeting with family and friends – You must not meet socially indoors with family or friends unless they are part of your household – meaning the people you live with – or support bubble.
4. Businesses and venues – To reduce social contact, the Government has ordered certain businesses and venues to close.
5. Weddings, civil partnerships, religious services and funerals – Funerals can be attended by a maximum of 30 people, and it is advised that only close friends and family attend.
6. Going to work – To help contain the virus, everyone who can work effectively from home must do so.
7. Going to school, college and university.
8. Childcare and children’s activities – Parents will still be able to access some registered childcare and other childcare activities (including wraparound care) where reasonably necessary to enable parents to work, or for the purposes of respite care.
9. Protecting people more at risk from coronavirus.
10. Visiting relatives in care homes – Guidance on care home visits will be published ahead of Thursday 5 November.
11. Travel – You should avoid travelling in or out of your local area, and you should look to reduce the number of journeys you make.
12. Financial support – The furlough scheme has been extended for this specific period.
Further information here
22 May 2020 – Construction Leadership Council updates Site Operating Procedures
The Construction Leadership Council has confirmed that the Site Operating Procedures have been updated to incorporate several technical changes on working safely during the coronavirus pandemic. The changes in Site Operating Procedures—Version Four include the removal of the requirement for face to face contact to be kept to 15 minutes or less, the addition of a link to the latest government guidance on face coverings in the section on personal protective equipment, and an update on portable toilets. References to one-way systems and the reconfiguration of seating and tables are also part of the changes. The update also includes the requirement to share risk assessments with the workforce, clarification on when to travel to work and updated links and wording on social distancing.
Further information here
Latest Guidance from the Government
12 May 2020 – Guidance – What you can and can’t do?
ACAS: Guidance for employers and employees from ACAS, the Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service, an independent body funded by the Government, is available here
NHS: Health-related guidance from the National Health Service is available here
Public Health Guidance – Public Health England including, eg, specific guidance for employers, educational and health-related organisations, and an option to receive updates directly is available here
Government COVID-19 – Support for Businesses is available here
Government COVID-19 – Employment Allowance is available here
Government COVID-19 – Universal Credit is available here
Government COV19-19 – Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) is available here
Government COV19-19 – Extension for MOTs due from 30 March 2020 available here
Government COV19-19 – Guidance for Landlord & Tenants available here
Government COV19-19 – Guidance for Housing Associations available
Government COV19-19 – Guidance for EU and GB drivers’ rules for drivers carrying goods by
road available here
Certainty – National Will register is available here
Education & Exams – New info from Gov.uk regarding exams – here
Guidance on shielding and protecting people defined on medical grounds as extremely vulnerable from COVID-19 – here
Small business grant fund and retail guidance here
Implications for Separated Parents here