“My company was delighted with the result which could not have been more positive. You gave us fantastic service, attention to detail and frank advice throughout”
How you structure or re-structure a business can be key.
There are all manner of conditions from tax, voting, succession – in fact every team is different. That is why Head of Team and Legal 500 recognised Andrew Kerr takes the time to understand your business before advising how to protect it. What is the objective behind reviewing your Structure? Exit? Governance? Compliance? Acquisition or Disposal? Financing?
- Advising on the establishment of a new company, including the preparation of the incorporation paperwork, bespoke constitutional documents and standard terms (see Contracts for more details about terms and conditions/supply agreements)
- Advising the directors of a company about the application of the memorandum of association and articles of association (still based upon Companies Act 1948 Table A) and the problems associated with these and revising the articles of association as a result of this review
- Advising a group of companies in connection with a Section 110 Insolvency Act 1986 re-organisation, including the preparation of the liquidation agreements
- Advising a business in relation to its shareholders’ agreement which included complicated transfer provisions
- Advising the purchaser on the acquisition of a business and its assets (including advice on TUPE) (see Buying and Selling a Business)
We have a proven track record of working with clients across a broad range of sectors, especially manufacturing, engineering, logistics, medical and services. The common theme is a reputation for clear and pragmatic advice.
Andrew, James and Guy along with the wider team work with our clients (and their professional advisors) to identify the key objectives of a matter from the outset and then to conclude the project as required. Where problems arise, we draw on our technical expertise and years of experience to find practical and workable solutions.
Whatever stage of life your business is at, our group of specialist solicitors will be pleased to assist and if necessary work alongside colleagues in other departments (for example property and employment) to ensure that you have the right advice every step of the way.