Reasons to choose Wilson Browne
The Woodland Trust is running a scheme offering expert advice and grants of up to £4,000 to landowners who want to create small, new native woods, “TRUSTwoods”
It is open to people looking to create between one and three hectares of woodland in a trial area of Bedfordshire, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Hampshire, Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Oxfordshire, Warwickshire, Wiltshire and Worcestershire.
To qualify for a TRUSTwoods grant new woodland should meet at least one of these criteria:
- Extend existing ancient woodland;
- Extend other woodland;
- Increase ecological connectivity, such as linking hedgerows;
- Engage the public; for example, with a new tree planting event;
- Increase public access to woodland; and
- Enhance the ecological, cultural and visual value of the landscape.
Applications will be assessed on a first-come, first served basis and the Woodland Trust will notify successful applicants and confirm their grants. Planting should take place in the winter of 2019-20.
The Woodland Trust is the largest woodland conservation charity in the UK. It has over 500,000 supporters.