Contact one of our advisors now Call 0800 088 6004

“One of my parents might need to go into a care home; what do I do next?”

Reasons to choose Wilson Browne

This is not a question that can be answered in an article as it depends on the circumstances that each person and their loved ones find themselves in.

An answer can lead to many more questions and is not long before you are overwhelmed and completely unsure as to how to progress.

It is at this point that you are reliant on social workers at the local authority, care homes and other professionals to give you the information you need. They all however have their own pressures and may not be qualified to provide you with correct answers and if they do, then not in the time frame that is sufficient in such a stressful and often urgent situation.

It is extremely important for you and your loved one that you speak to someone impartial that can map out a plan with you. Although there is not a lot of good news when speaking about paying for care and the possibility of selling the family property, just one conversation can save months of stress.

The care home funding team at Wilson Browne Solicitors provide expert advice to attorneys, deputies and loved ones on these issues and many others.