Reasons to choose Wilson Browne
Most females will be referred to a Gynaecologist at some point during their lifetime.
A Gynaecologist is a doctor who specialises in the female reproduction system. Inevitably, this is an important part of all females and any symptoms in this regard should therefore be inspected very carefully given the complications that can arise.
The Transforming elective care services gynaecology statistics confirmed that “there are a high number of referrals for gynaecology, with 3,690,908 outpatient attendances in 2017/18, comprising almost 4% of all outpatient attendances”. Inevitably this will have increased over the more recent years, however this shows the importance of jobs of Gynaecologists.
Common Gynaecological problems can include, heavy menstrual bleeding, menopause, prolapse, endometriosis and fibroids, cervical, endometrial and ovarian cancers.
As Gynecologists deal with such a delicate area, it is important to ensure you are properly consented to for any procedures you may be advised to undergo. For any operation that you are offered, you should always be consented appropriately and all risks and benefits should be explained to you in detail to allow you to make an informed decision on whether to proceed or not.
There are a number of Gynaecology surgery/errors that may result in you bringing a medical negligence claim. A few examples are as follows but are not limited to:
• Incorrect readings of smear tests, potentially leading to a delay in diagnosing cervical cancer
• Failures in noting injuries after childbirth
• Failing to notice damage to nearby organs during surgery
• Treatment errors or nerve damage
• Failure to consent to surgeries appropriately
• Failures to offer alternatives to surgery
• Failures to diagnose ectopic pregnancies
• Incomplete sterilisations
• Failure to offer alternatives to hysterectomies
• Fertility treatments not carried out appropriately
• Retained swabs and instruments
• Injuries leading to fistulas
• Laparoscopic investigations resulting in injuries
• Termination errors
• Failure to diagnose conditions of unborn babies
Gynaecology claims can sometimes be the most upsetting and delicate claims given the extent of the damages that can occur. Our team at Wilson Browne Solicitors has experience in dealing with Gynaecology surgery claims and can support you each step of the way.