Once again the firm has been shortlisted for the National Law Society Awards, one of the most important days in the legal calendar. Wilson Browne’s clear and effective style of communication and the professional, but down to earth approach has been recognised.
The first shortlisting is for Excellence in Private Client Practice. The team, ably led by Neelam Maher on the Private Client side and Vicki Pearce for Court of Protection matters, has:
• Shown first rate work and dedication of their profession to clients and the wider community,
• Offered specialist advice to high net worth individuals, and business owners incorporating sophisticated tax planning
• Dealt with complex matters in sensitive circumstances
• Demonstrated ‘go to’ sector knowledge in the area of Court of Protection work (acting as Court appointed Deputy for those unable to take decisions for themselves) being one of the few such teams in the county.
• Dealt with an influx of cases, and expanded accordingly recruiting highly skilled personnel to meet clients’ demands
• Invested heavily in training with 6 CILEX trainees, one trainee solicitor and two solicitors taking the advanced STEP Diploma in Trusts and Estates, to join the other qualified members of the team who hold this already.
• Achieved a 99.4% feedback rating.
The Marketing Team has yet again been shortlisted in the Excellence in Marketing and Communications category. The firm has continued to embrace investment in marketing, and continues to drive forward a clear communications strategy with its clients. Headed up by Business Development & Marketing Director Wayne Jenkins the Marketing Team has produced some exceptional communications material that has made a real difference to the firm such as:
- The “For whatever you encounter” campaign
- A re-evaluation of and around the commercial team, which has fed growth and new employment
- General awareness through quality initiatives such as key sponsorship at the Northamptonshire Logistics Awards, and being headline sponsors of:
-the Northamptonshire Business Awards
-the Northamptonshire Local Education (Sector) Awards
-the Northamptonshire Community Awards (formerly ‘Pride in Northamptonshire’)
- Continuing to encourage and support a wide range of CSR partnerships and initiatives that make a real difference to individuals, locally, nationally and in certain cases overseas, as well as sponsorship of a wide range of grass roots sports teams and local school events.
Kevin Rogers, Chairman commented,
“On behalf of the Partners I am immensely proud of all of the staff in both teams; it is great recognition for all of their hard work and dedication as well as being a reflection of the ethos of the wider firm. The shortlists for these awards are a real ‘who’s who’ of solicitors firms, with many large London practices dominating. It is no mean feat to be mentioned in the same circles, and it is a real testament to the service that we provide that we have two teams shortlisted, two years in a row. This announcement is confirmation that the commitment of our staff, our greatest asset, to their clients has been recognised. For the Private Client team to have recognition of their skill in dealing with complex matters for individuals in terms of tax planning is just a great affirmation, but it also means that all of those hours spent in home or hospital visits, often in sad or difficult circumstances and dealing with the great responsibility of honouring a persons wishes gets a reassuring ‘you’re doing a great job’ too. They are all kind, professional, and expert at what they do and we are very proud of them. I am also thrilled to see that our brand’s continued growth, and our strength at communicating our message, has also been recognised.”