Challenging or Contesting a Will
Disputes about existing Wills, or the fact that no Will has been made can make things harder than necessary.
If you need help with disputing or contesting a Will, or perhaps if there are disputes relating to the probate, our team in Northamptonshire and Leicestershire can offer expert advice.
Our team can advise if:
- You do not think a Will is valid and want advice on contesting a Will
- You do not think that you have been properly provided for in a Will or intestacy (where there is no Will)
- Someone is disputing or contesting a Will or making a claim against a Will/Estate and you need to defend the claim.
Grounds for Dispute
If there is a dispute about a Will, it can be very difficult for family and for Executors alike.
Whether the allegation is that the person who made the Will:
- did not have the mental capacity to do so
- that they were influenced into making a Will
- or, that the Will itself is a fraud
We are experts in looking at the issues, taking steps to protect your position and investigating to work out whether the Will should be relied upon.
Claims against Estates
Sometimes when someone dies those close to them will feel that they have not been properly provided for under the terms of a Will or through an intestacy. In those circumstances claims can sometimes be made.
Whether you are wishing to make a claim or trying to defend a claim that is being brought against an Estate, our team can advise on the way forward and will work to achieve a resolution for you that preserves as much of the Estate as possible.
We cover all areas of Private Client and Commercial law having offices in Northamptonshire and Leicestershire, operating from Northampton, Kettering, Corby, Higham Ferrers, Wellingborough and Leicester and can meet at a location that’s convenient to you.