Wilson Browne Solicitors has one of the largest and most established New Build & Property Developer, Conveyancing Teams in the region, serving the Northampton and Leicester market.
Dedicated to House Builders and Residential Property Developers, we have specialist solicitors, teams and Team Leaders based in Northampton and Leicester.
Also, we are Lexcel accredited and CQS accredited as well as being members of the Help To Buy panel.
Our conveyancing team is highly experienced in dealing with new build purchases and the Help To Buy scheme and our panel membership recognises our experience, efficiency and high standards of service.
Our specialist team for Property Developers, House Builders and buyers of newly built properties has invested heavily in a fully integrated case management system with a specialist new build purchase workflow (which also incorporates Help To Buy) : this aids efficiency and enables us to process transactions quickly. Additionally we are on all major mortgage lender panels.
Service for property developers and house builders.
Let’s be clear from the start. We know how important “28 days” are to you and that you rely on solicitors on your panel to make this happen.
We also know that what we do reflects upon you – you want to put your reputation as a builder/developer in safe hands: safe hands that know the industry and has the capability, capacity and experience to get the job done right.
With the Northamptonshire and Leicestershire markets being so buoyant, our team of conveyancing specialists is capable of handling the needs and the volume of the new build market.
- Time is of the essence when you agree a sale and we understand that the quality of what we deliver to your referred clients will reflect on you, which is why our capability and expertise will enhance your own offering. At Wilson Browne Solicitors, our dedicated New Build & Property Developers Team is commercial, practical, and proactive.
- We are happy to pre-check the site documentation issued by your legal team, or meet with them to go through the documentation and contract papers before instruction. We can visit your site office or offices, meet with your sales team, offer advice and even training: we also like to be familiar with the site on a first hand basis.
- We will agree a set of non-plot specific enquiries with your team, avoiding the need for enquiries to be raised in relation to each individual plot. If specific enquiries are requested by the purchaser or their lender we can deal with those on a plot by plot basis.
- We will report to your purchasers on the title with the contract for signing on receipt of the contract and plan from your legal team: this is the point when we generally request the deposit monies from the purchaser(s).
- We will provide you with updates by e-mail or by phone as you require keeping you up to speed on how the transaction is proceeding.
- Fees are on a fixed fee basis with no hidden charges so your purchasers can be sure of what they are paying from the outset: 96% of our clients confirm that the price we quote is the price they paid.
Service for buyers.
There are subtle differences when buying a ‘new build’ to buying an older house or a ‘re-sale’. It’s fairly common to commit to the purchase and exchange contracts before the house or home is even built! You may have seen this when people move into a new property and their postal address is actually a plot number on a building site.
Housebuilders usually buy the land and plan the development, and want to get the plots sold ASAP as they continue to build the properties. As a buyer, you may have to exchange contracts without seeing the actual house you are buying: hence the reason why the show homes are the first to go up.
28 days later…Housebuilders are very keen to exchange contracts within 1 month or 28 days once you decide to purchase. In today’s buoyant market, where demand outstrips supply there can often be little or no flexibility around this, which is why you need a Solicitor who knows the new build market and has the capacity and experience to ensure that your dream home doesn’t become a nightmare.
You should instruct us as soon as the property is reserved: mortgage applications need to be submitted quickly.
Completion of a new build differs from buying a property in the re-sale market. The weather, suppliers and other factors can all impact on the speed of the build and completion dates are generally a guide at best.
When the property is completed, the builder gives notice to the buyer that it is ready…..and completion must take place within the time frame specified in the contract (usually 10 working days). This allows time for final inspection by the mortgage lender’s valuer, and for a snagging list (a list of faults or things for rectification) to be prepared by the buyer; for the builder to remedy these items; and for the (mortgage) funds to be released for completion.
We will provide you with an unrivaled service:
- Dedicated team based at local offices
- A wealth of experience in acting for purchasers of new-build properties
- Approved Help To Buy panel solicitor
- On all major mortgage lender panels
- Accredited under the Law Society’s Conveyancing Quality Scheme.
Call our dedicated team today on 0800 044 8105 today to see how we can help get you into that new home as quickly and effortlessly as possible.